A very happy new year and a new decade to everyone from this very neglected blog.
The last year has been truly wonderful for me and I am so much more at peace with my own self. This post is, obviously, of no interest to anyone but myself, but I want to document it here, all the same. For me, the last year has been about
1. Letting go. A lot. Mainly people, negative emotions, depressing what-if scenarios. And i feel a lot better. Truly the year where I implemented “If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, they’re yours ; if they dont, they never were”.
2. One of my big big determinations for the year, which would have made me infinitely happier, did not happen. I have still not lost hope and am trying very hard to be happy with whatever the outcome, but I have not reached that zen place yet. There was a lot of heartache about this the last year.
3. Accepting my karma. There is a reason why I married a man who has so few friends and is a loner. I am trying hard to change this karma and it is still work-in-progress.
4. K’s school. Finding a school was surprisingly very easy. One which I fell in love with, is a short walk away from home and was sure about the minute i entered it. Getting admission to the school was (thankfully) a breeze, but the after-school/holiday arrangements caused us much angst. After months of interviews, meeting nannies, we finally found a solution which has worked very well. K loves her school and is very happy there ; she has definitely bloomed since she started nursery in a big school.
5. Lunch box options. Agonising over lunches to send which can be eaten cold and are nutritious, healthy and wholesome. I dont think we ever worried so much about her food habits until this year. She has always been a poor eater and a big fan of eating warm food, so cold food was a big change for her. She still doesnt drink the milk her school gives her because it is cold and that is saying a lot for her as she is is a big big fan of milk.
6. Appreciation at work. Being recognised for all my hard work and having the unstinting support of my boss. The toxic work atmosphere completely cleared up, with a lot of effort and chanting. Of course, I am always on my guard but I am truly thankful for the way things are.
7. Reading. I read more than I probably did since I left college. All kinds of books, used the wonderful London library consortium to my full advantage.
The not-so-good stuff
1. Not exercising. I dont have a problem weight-wise and dropped a dress size last year, but am very unfit. I resolved to change that, but my best intentions never saw the light of day.
2. Renting. And not for lack of trying, for sure. We looked and looked for houses, but none matched our budget and criterion. We (read I) are (am) much more fussy this time around and it has been tough find a house which ticks all the boxes.